We're getting ready to upgrade the OS on the current NUC mail and file server. The plan is as follows:
1. On Sunday night, I will be migrating all of the home directories on mail.nuc.berkeley.edu to the new server.
On Monday morning, I will be going to each staff member's computer and remapping their Samba share.
You can still ssh to mail.nuc.berkeley.edu. All the home directories and web directories will continue to be available.
2. Baring any unforeseen problems on Monday, I will be moving the NUC web server to the temporary new server Monday night. If you need to make changes to the website, you should ssh to www.nuc.berkeley.edu.
Since the department is no longer running a mail server, *we will discontinue the mail.nuc.berkeley.edu hostname*.
3. I will upgrade the OS of the current server rest of the week and if everything goes well, move the web server/file server back onto this server next weekend.
If you have any questions, please email consult@newton.berkeley.edu